Ch Moulin de Mallet 20

Article number: 009648
Availability: In stock
Delivery time: Same day Pickup

I know many of you have been patiently waiting for this gem to return. We introduced the 2015 vintage years back, and it was an instant staff and customer favorite. The new release of the 2020 vintage just arrived, and once again, it's delicious!

You'll find this property high up on the Plateau de Pujols, a rocky outcrop overlooking the Dordogne Valley, facing the slopes of Saint Emilion. The estate has been family-owned since 1898 and is run with passion and precision by Serge Couderc and his son Julien, the property's current viticulturist and oenologist.

I love this type of family-owned, no-nonsense Bordeaux property. When you drive up, there's no glitzy castle-like Château -- instead, you'll find a family dwelling with a modest tasting room. The focus here is growing grapes and making wine with a balance of traditional farming techniques and modern winemaking technology.

Like the previous vintages, the 2020 Moulin De Mallet is a blend of 80% Merlot with the remaining 20% split between Cabernet Sauvignon and Cabernet Franc. In the glass, it's a lovely combination of old-school earthy and modern silky with a generous array of red and black fruits on the nose and the palate -- blackcurrant, blackberry, and cherry. Aging in stainless and glass-lined concrete keeps the wine fresh and lifted, providing the right balance for the silky, velvety tannins.

Of course, we enjoy a glass of Bordeaux all during the year; however, the 2020 Moulin de Mallet is the perfect Bordeaux for the transition to fall and will be a go-to for Hammond and me for Holiday entertaining.



0 stars based on 0 reviews